(330) 785-3337

What happens if I was injured in a collision caused by an uninsured driver?

When the other driver does not have insurance, or does not have enough coverage to pay your damages in full, the UM coverage, or uninsured motorists coverage of your own auto policy will pay your damages. UM insurance coverage covers you, and should be a part of your auto coverage. You may have to request such coverage from your insurance agent, because it is coverage that insurance companies frequently do not like to sell. If it become necessary to make a UM claim, your insurance company will act as if it is the insurance company for the other driver, and pay your damages up to your UM policy limits. Everyone should carry as much UM protection as they can afford.